Hi everyone, today I am sharing a card that was made for the Pretty Pink Posh Rainbow Challenge. I adore rainbows and rainbow colors. You can never go wrong with them. So, if you want to know more about this challenge click here.
Here are inspiration cards for this challenge:
And my extra large card:
Before I discovered this crafty community I used to make pop up cards and they were in a quite large format. My rule was the bigger the card the larger the wow effect. So when I started blogging it was quite hard to make smaller cards in standard size. I am used to it now but in a memory of my card-making beginnings I decided to make one larger card. Here are steps that describe how I made it:
- Trimmed my watercolor paper to the size of 4 1/4 and 8.5 inches.
- Took the smaller frame of the Scallop Frames from PPP and put it in the middle of that watercolor piece. Traced the edge with pencil.
- Moved the frame to the right, leaving it hanging over the edge of the watercolor paper and also traced the edges with pencil. Did the same thing for the left side.
- Made the mask out of a printer paper and masked all the outer edges.
- Stamped flowers inside of the frames with clear sticky ink and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I used Favorite flowers from the Simon Says Stamp.
- Colored everything with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers because I really wanted intense and clean colors.
- Made splatters with the darkest colors on each frame.
- Removed the masks and die cut the middle frame piece with Scallop Frames.
- Took the straight die from the Stitched Borders Dies 2 from the PPP and embossed it on a 1/3 of a middle frame and on the 2/3 of the middle frame.
- Took the scallop die from the Stitched Borders Dies 1 and embossed it on the left and right side of the watercolor piece.
It is quite hard to see embossed details on the images but in real life it really makes a difference. You can see the details on the image bellow.
- Made the shaker out of that middle frame. Put the “happy” die cut from the Simon in the middle and stamped “birthday” bellow. Filled everything with Sparkling Clear Sequins from the Pretty Pink Posh and with clear micro beads.
- Die cut 2 frames, one out of a Neenah Desert Storm card stock and the outer of the black card stock.
- Glued Desert Storm frame over my shaker piece and cut out that black one into two pieces and glued them over the half frames
- Decorated the inner part of the black frames with Sparkling Clear sequins.
- Mounted it on a standard white card base.
And my card is finished. I hope you will like it.
Happy crafting and good night! <3 😀